m455's irc server
m455 runs a small, private irc server using ergo.
server featuresthe following list describes the features available for this server:
- you need to be registered to connect to the server.
- all hostnames are cryptographically cloaked, so IP addresses are not visible to anyone, except server administrators.
- you can connect from multiple devices using the same nickname.
- you can change your nickname.
- chat history and messages are not saved, but the last 100 messages are kept in ram, and are "played back" (displayed) when someone joins the server. to disable history playback, you can run
/msg nickserv set autoreplay-lines 0. to re-enable history playback, you can run
/msg nickserv set autoreplay-lines 100.
- the server supports a SASL work-around if your client doesn't support SASL. just use the name you use to sign in, and set the password to the format of
yourusername:password. for example, my username would be
m455, and my password would be
for more more detailed information about the features available, refer to our ergo.chat page.
connecting to the server
after you receive an account and a temporary password, you can connect to my server by configuring your IRC client to use the following settings:
SASL username: <username> SASL password: <password> host: m455.casa port: 6697 SSL/TLS: true
if your IRC client doesn't support SASL, then you can use the following settings instead:
username: <username> password: <username:password> host: m455.casa port: 6697 SSL/TLS true
if you're still having trouble connecting to my server with your IRC client, then libera.chat's guide to connecting with SASL might help.